The Institute for Science, Society and Policy together with Genome Canada presented an expert panel discussion of how to approach the societal opportunities and challenges posed by new gene editing techniques including CRISPR.
The entire event is available on the ISSP YouTube page. Links to individual presentation slides and individualized videos are also available.
- Dr. Eric Meslin, President and CEO of the Council of Canadian Academies (video)
- Professor Jason Delborne, Department of Forestry and Environmental Resources, Genetic Engineering and Society Center, North Carolina State University slides (slides 2,341.37 KB) and (video)
- Professor Gary Marchant, Regents' Professor of Law and Faculty Director and Faculty Fellow, Center for Law, Science & Innovation, Arizona State University (slides 461.27 KB) and (video)
- Professor Vardit Ravitsky, Department of Social and Preventative Medicine, Université de Montréal (slides 2,992.89 KB) and (video)
- Professor Brenda Wilson, School of Epidemiology, Public Health and Preventative Medicine, Core member of the ISSP, University of Ottawa (slides 1,528.28 KB) and (video)